A beautiful blog…
Her beautiful home…
Her amazing style…
And, if you have a little more time, check out my Pinterest boards, and sign up for your account. It really is an amazing source of ideas and inspiration!
I wonder what you’re doing right now,
If everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there’s a special person,
A nice friend that you can find.
I wonder if the teacher knows
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something she can see.
I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
and how you give my leg a tug.
I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
For this is the first step in letting my baby go.
Among my most precious posessions, Im ashamed to say I count my iphone. Is there anything it cant do? Wanted to share Josh’s latest creation (its really ok to hate him beacause he’s so good ) While he was shooting a recent wedding he decided to shoot a little 8mm video…WITH HIS IPHONE. Check it out.
Danielle turned me on to this guy, and I have to say Im so drawn to his films. This one, called The Birdman, made me tear up. I think its because Chris took the time to tell his story, a guy that probably hasnt had many folks sit with him and want to know about his life. It really made me want to start a project like this in our area (if only I had time for another project). So often we go through our days thinking about ourselves and all we have to do, but it would really mean so much to so many, if we just took the time to ask about their life.
Two of my favorite things all rolled into one beautiful online package. You know I love an online Mag. and one of my most favorite photographers is the ridiculously talented Jose Villa. We had the opportunity to have dinner with Jose in Nashville a few years ago, since then his popularity, has continued to grow, and it was pretty darn high back then. He has since had a book published, that Im dying to get my hands on. He is all film shooter, and his work is unmistakeable. Check out his amazing cover and feature(pg 64).
My daughter left for a mission trip with church today, for a whole week. I admit, even though the house will be a little more peaceful with out the normal mom/teenage daughter drama, I will miss her and worry about her terribly. ( Im a worrier) I saw this online today and thought I would share it with you guys, and my sweet girl, A. (Note to Annelore: Most everything applies except line 9, and 18, and play close attention to lines 2, 4, and 27)
(P.S. Puffy Sleeves were in then)
(P.P.S. They probably weren’t.)
1. you are not fat.
2. he is not The One. it will seem like he is, but he is not.
3. you do not have to smile for every single picture.
4. you are not going to believe this but you do not know everything. also, your parents are right. about so many things.
5. your studio art class will spend a whole quarter on photography. PAY BETTER ATTENTION.
6. that little 110 camera you love so much is a total piece of crap. people call it a toy camera now but really, it’s crap. beg your parents to buy you an old used 35mm SLR. then shoot roll after roll after roll of film. and throw out the flash.
7. remember how good it feels to do a back handspring. in a few years, that skill will be long gone.
8. diet coke is not the answer.
9. do not listen to the people who tell you you cannot be a dancer because you don’t have enough training, didn’t start early enough and don’t have the right body. more specifically, do not listen to that teacher who tells you to eat only saltine crackers for a week in order to drop a few pounds. in a few years, you’ll discover modern dance and your world will crack wide open. suddenly, ballet will seem like a stupid idea and everything else will make sense. you will go on to do things you were told you could not do. and it will feel spectacular.
10. you know that awesome color photobooth at the kmart two minutes from your house? visit it regularly.
11. you’re going to get a letter from that girl you stood up for in P.E. class. you thought what you did didn’t really mean anything to her but it did, it really did. her letter will make you cry and you will be glad you took on the mean girls.
12. wear anything you want. because you can.
13. enjoy the widespread availability of polaroid film.
14. keep writing.
15. do not wear those vintage spectator pumps to that choir competition. your left heel will get caught in the crack of the risers and you will inadvertantly flip it several feet into the air. it will land with a dull thud right in front of that table of somber-looking judges and you will be forced to walk (one shoe on, one shoe off) in front of hundreds of people to the center of the gymnasium to retrieve it. you will not die from the embarrassment. but it will feel like it.
16. take that typing class.
17. and when your mom offers to teach you how to sew, do not blow her off.
18. do not stop writing letters to your french penpal.
19. you are totally right about vintage clothing. stock up now before thrift stores everywhere are sucked dry by the masses.
20. make grandma corrona teach you how to make her bread. she will tell you it’s nothing, that it’s just ordinary bread but you will eventually come to realize that it is, in fact, the best bread in the world.
21. take bigger risks. because I promise, you really will regret it if you don’t.
22. boys are generally not worth it.
23. you don’t really need all that black eyeliner. really.
24. and while we’re on the subject, beware of all cosmetic counter makeovers.
25. you are never going to find that party on graduation night. you and your friend michelle will drive around for hours and hours and find yourselves in the middle of nowhere at three in the morning. you will feel a little scared but even worse, you will feel stupid. this is so not the way to spend graduation night. and so not the memory you want to have.
26. do not slather yourself with baby oil and lay out on foil mats. furthermore, wear sunscreen. ALL. THE. TIME.
27. your dad is totally right about that whole time thing. twenty years, gone. just like that.
28. seriously, you are not fat.
Im on vacation this week, so Ive had lots of time to play on Pinterest. Thought this was fun. Pick the color you like the best, Without Reading the Description, see how accurate it is. PLEASE share in the comments. It makes me happy to know you guys read my silliness! I picked gravel…hmmm….
I think the quote from yesterday touched a chord with many folks, as it did with me. I havent received as much trafic on any other post. Life is just too busy these days. I tease and say one day Im just going to move to the country and grow my own vegtables, and make cheese, and come to town once a week… No TV, No internet…But again, its always “one day” I see life passing by so quickly. My friend gave me one of my all time favorite quotes,
“The days are long, but the years are short.”
Im so touched by this video. Im looking forward to reading the book …someday…